Each Scholar is assigned to an Advisor to assist with the transition to the placement school, academic issues, and college preparation.
To give your Advisor an update, click on his/her name. We would love to hear from you!
Along with serving Scholars at the exam and independent schools, each Advisor also serves a number of Scholars at various public, parochial, private and charter schools.
Bernice Fedestin: Serves Scholars at Boston Latin School (grades 7-9), Roxbury Latin, Boston Trinity Academy, and Dedham Country Day School.
Luz Mederos : Serves Scholars at Boston Latin Academy (grades 7-9), Belmont Hill School, Concord Academy, Milton Academy, and The Winsor School.
Lucia Milla : Serves Scholars at Boston Latin Academy (grades 10-11), John D. O'Bryant School (grades 10-11), Cambridge School of Weston, Dana Hall, Meadowbrook, Rivers, and St. Mark's.
Thanh Nguyen: Serves Scholars at John D. O’Bryant School (grades 7-9), Boston College High School, Beaver Country Day School, Belmont Day School, Derby Academy, The Dexter School, The Southfield School, Thayer Academy, Fay School, Fessenden, Noble and Greenough School, Park School, and Shady Hill.
Nina Sheff : Serves Scholars at Boston Latin School (grades 10-12), Boston University Academy, Brimmer and May, Newton Country Day, St. Sebastian's, Xaverian Brothers High School, Buckingham Browne and Nichols, Commonweath School, Phillips Academy (Andover), Phillips Exeter Academy, Deerfield Academy, Governor's Academy, Holderness School, and St. Paul's School.
Matt Waldman : Serves Scholars at Boston Latin Academy (grade 12) and John D. O'Bryant School (grade 12).
Sarah Conrad: Serves Scholars at various public, parochial, private and charter schools.
Angela Bouchard: Serves Scholars at various public, parochial, private and charter schools.
Along with Advisors, Steppingstone offers Scholars and families access to a Counselor for professional socio-emotional assistance:
Kristin Arcangeli: Serves all students and families.
What can your Advisor do for you?
- Pair you with an academic tutor to help you with difficult subjects/classes
- Set academic and personal goals with you and motivate you to achieve these goals
- Assist you in finding summer and college opportunities (See “Links” page for more information on summer opportunities and funding!)
- Assist you with financial aid applications for independent schools and colleges
- Communicate with your school on your behalf to ensure your success
- Check in with you and your family to ensure success at school
- Provide you and your family with social/emotional support